Sandiacre Parish Council

Local Services

Sandiacre has excellent direct bus services to Derby and Nottingham (around half an hour to either), Ilkeston (around 20 minutes) and Long Eaton (around 10 minutes).

For detailed information and a journey planner, please visit Derbyshire County Council's public transport information page.

You may also phone the national Traveline public transport information service on 0871 200 22 33 or visit the Traveline website.

Canal and River Trust
Erewash Canal and Springfield MillEverything you need to know about the Erewash Canal, including boats, licensing, canoeing, fishing, cycling, donations, volunteering opportunities and how to report problems, such as pollution or overgrown vegetation.

Our working hours are Monday to Thursday 8:30am until 4:30pm and Friday 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.

To report a problem:
Tel: 0303 040 4040

In an emergency, tel: 0800 479 9947

Or contact via the Canal & River Trust website

Find out more about the Erewash Canal and sign up for the e-newsletter

View of the Cemetery in Sandiacre Details can be found on the Cemetery page.

Give information anonymously.

Crimestoppers is not the police - it is an independent charity working to help communities.

To give information, please visit the CrimeStoppers website.
Derbyshire County Council
The logo of Derbyshire County Council
  • Find a Trusted Trader
  • Library services
  • Adult Social Care
  • Major Planning applications
  • Apply for a school place
  • Reporting pot holes
  • Reporting faulty street lighting


Derbyshire County Council
County Hall
Matlock DE4 3AG

Tel: 01629 533190

Visit Derbyshire County Council's website

Derbyshire Police & Crime Commissioner

Derbyshire's PCC has responsibility for policing throughout the county. The Commissioner is elected as the 'voice of the people'  that aims to improve community engagement and deliver a more effective policing service.

Please note: The Commissioner's office cannot take information on specific crimes, operational issues or put you through to departments within the force. In such instances you must contact Derbyshire Constabulary directly (see Police below).


Hardyal Dhindsa
The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Derbyshire
Butterley Hall
Derbyshire DE5 3RS

Tel: 0300 122 6000

Visit the Derbyshire Police & Crime Commissioner's official website


Report a power cut by phone as soon as possible

If Western Power already know about the problem, they should be able to tell you when they expect your electricity to be restored. 

Contact Western Power
Tel: 0800 6783 105 or 105

Visit the Western Power website

Erewash Borough Council
The logo of Erewash Borough Council
  • Planning and Building control
  • Council Tax and Benefits
  • Environmental Health
  • Markets and car parks
  • Street cleaning
  • Leisure Centres

Erewash Borough Council
Town Hall
Wharncliffe Road
Ilkeston DE7 5RP

Tel: 0115 907 2244

Visit Erewash Borough Council's website

Erewash Voluntary Action
Provides help, information and support to voluntary and community groups operating in Erewash

Erewash Voluntary Action CVS Ltd
Granville Avenue
Long Eaton
Derbys NG10 4HD

Tel: 0115 946 6740

Visit Erewash Voluntary Action's website


Smell gas?

To report a gas or carbon monoxide emergency, or if a pipeline is struck (even if no gas leak has occurred)

Contact British Gas
Tel: 0800 111 999
(Available 24 hours a day)

Visit the British Gas Website

Healthcare & Medical
You can find details of local GPs on the NHS website Search for a local GP
Treetops Hospice Care provides nursing care and emotional support for adults and their families in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire

Treetops Hospice Trust
Derby Road
Risley DE72 3SS

Tel: 0115 949 1264

Visit Treetops Hospice Care website

Please read the Contact Jobcentre Plus web page before visiting your local jobcentre.

Long Eaton Jobcentre Plus
Fletcher Street
Long Eaton NG10 1JU

Tel: 0800 169 0190
Textphone: 0800 169 0314
(for those with speech or hearing difficulties)

Live Life Better Derbyshire

Logo for Live Life Better Derbyshire

A free healthy lifestyles service that offers advice and help on a wide range of health and wellbeing topics.

Tel: 0800 085 2299 or 01629 538200

Visit the Live Life Better Derbyshire website

Sandiacre LibraryView library opening times and details of available services.

Sandiacre Library
Doncaster Avenue
Sandiacre NG10 5FJ

Tel: 01629 533359

Member of Parliament

Maggie Throup MP
Unit 2, The Old Co-op
South Street
Ilkeston DE7 5SG

Tel: 0115 930 0521

Visit Maggie Throup's website

Neighbourhood Watch

Visit the Neighbourhood Watch website to find out what groups are active in Sandiacre and to register to join.

The Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator for Sandiacre is Mr Tony Ford
39, Kings Road
Sandiacre NG10 5BY

Tel: 0115 917 7829

Newspapers/Local News
Derby Telegraph Visit the Derby Telegraph website
Long Eaton & District Chronicle Visit the Long Eaton & District Chronicle website
Long Eaton Website Extra Visit the Long Eaton Extra website
Nottingham Post Visit the Nottingham Post website

Sandiacre & Stapleford Connections Magazine

Visit the Sandiacre & Stapleford Connections Magazine website


The logo of Derbyshire Constabulary

Local contact numbers - plus Neighbourhood Watch & Victim Support details

View local policing information page for Sandiacre

Local Police Station
Midland Street
Long Eaton
Nottingham NG10 1NY

Non-emergency: Tel: 101
Emergency: Tel 999

Post Office
View Post Office opening times, available services and map.
Sandiacre Post Office
Select Convenience
49 Stanton Road
Sandiacre NG10 5DE
Sandiacre Memorial Institute
Sandiacre Memorial Institute

Hall available to hire for parties & meetings

Sandiacre Memorial Institute
19a Doncaster Avenue
Sandiacre NG10 5FJ

Contact Ruth Riley for bookings & charges.

Mob: 07517 489282

Visit Derbyshire County Council's website for information about applying for a school place. Details of local schools can be found on the Churches & Schools page
Waste & Recycling

Waste and recycling services are provided by Erewash Borough Council

Visit Erewash Borough Council's Waste and Recycling web page

The nearest household waste and recycling centre is on Manners Road in Ilkeston. Find the location and opening times of the Household Waste and Recycling Centre.
Derbyshire County Council provides a scheme with 'Get Composting', where you can order great value compost bins and accessories. More information about home composting bins.

How do I report a leak?

If you have spotted a leak, please let Severn Trent Water Authority know about it so they can make sure it gets fixed.

Call Severn Trent Water Authority Tel: 0800 783 4444

They will need details about where the leak is and how fast it is.

Visit Severn Trent Water Authority's website