Mrs Michelle Bloor - Profile
I originally worked for the Civil Service from 1980 until 1989 in a number of departments and from 1995, worked part-time for a national educational supplies company.
From 2000, I became a part-time Clerk to Governors for Nottingham City LEA and for 7 years worked part-time in the Third Sector for a children’s charity supporting vulnerable young children with emerging social, emotional or behavioural issues and I became a Tutor.
In 2007, I was appointed Clerk and Finance Officer to Sandiacre Parish Council and have been in post for 12 years (at July 2019).
I have worked in a voluntary capacity as Chair of a Pre-School and later became a Governor and subsequently, Chair of Governors for several years at a Primary School in Eastwood.
In my spare time, I am Secretary and Treasurer of the Midland Afghan Hound Club and organise dog shows and training events.
Summary of duties
Here is a short summary of the duties involved:
- Administer all the Council's paperwork and advise Councillors on procedural matters and ensure they are kept well informed
- As Responsible Finance Officer, carry out all financial duties of the Council
- Deal with enquiries from residents, members of the public, outside bodies and organisations
- Ensure meeting papers are properly prepared, that the public is aware of meeting times and that Agendas and Minutes are published within guidelines
- Ensure that the Council conducts its business lawfully in all matters
- Implement the Council's decisions
- Keep property registers and other legal documents
- Keep up to date by attending training / obtaining qualifications
- Manage the Parish Council Cemetery and ensure Health and Safety compliance
- Organise annual civic events
- Oversee the implementation and completion of projects
- Seek outside grant funding
- Supervise staff (if any)